Hamster: A black and white dog laying on top of a blanket.
Hamster is a medium-sized black and white dog, a Border Collie mix with expressive eyes that seem to understand more than a typical dog. He has a distinctive black patch over one eye, and his fur is always slightly unkempt, giving him a charming, scruffy appearance.
Setting: A small, cozy living room. A worn-out blanket is spread on the floor, and Hamster is laying on it, his eyes following the movements of his owner, a middle-aged woman named Grace.
Grace: (Sighs deeply, looking at a stack of unpaid bills) "Oh, Hamster, what are we going to do?"
Hamster: (Tilts his head, looking at Grace with understanding eyes)
Narrator: "Grace had recently lost her job, and the bills were piling up. Hamster, her loyal companion, seemed to understand her worries. He had been with her through thick and thin, always providing comfort and companionship."
Setting: The same living room, a few days later. Grace is on the phone, her face lighting up with hope.
Grace: (Excitedly) "Yes, yes, I can start immediately! Thank you so much!"
Hamster: (Wags his tail, sensing Grace's excitement)
Narrator: "Grace had finally found a job. Things were looking up, but it would require her to travel a lot. How would Hamster cope with her absence?"
ICD-11 Trait Domain Specifiers for Personality Assessment:
- Negative Affectivity: Hamster is generally a calm and composed dog. He doesn't show signs of frequent distress or worry.
- Detachment: Hamster is quite attached to Grace, showing signs of distress when she's not around. He's not detached or aloof.
- Antagonism: Hamster is a friendly and loving dog. He doesn't show signs of antagonism or aggression.
- Disinhibition: Hamster is well-behaved and doesn't show signs of impulsivity or recklessness.
- Anankastia: Hamster is flexible and doesn't show signs of rigidity or perfectionism.
- Step 1: Explore Hamster's reaction to Grace's frequent absences due to her new job.
- Step 2: Show Hamster developing a new routine or hobby to cope with Grace's absence.
- Step 3: Introduce a new character, a neighbor who starts taking care of Hamster when Grace is away.
- Step 4: Develop a bond between Hamster and the neighbor, showing Hamster's ability to adapt and form new relationships.
- Step 5: Reveal a crisis where Grace has to move for her job, leaving Hamster behind with the neighbor.